"Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List" (2015)






Rating: NR
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Directed By: Kristen Hanggi, Kristin Hanggi
Written By: Amy Andelson, Emily Meyer
Released: September 18th, 2015
Runtime: 89 minutes

Summary:
The bonds between Naomi (Victoria Justice) and Ely (Pierson Fode) are tested when they fall for the same guy.

Review:
This film aggravated me. I wanted to turn it off but I don’t like not finishing a film. So, I kept going. Netflix recommended it to me and the summary sounded like it might be funny. I think I imagined it going a very different way than how it actually went. My version sounded funnier. In all fairness, it wasn’t completely unlike how I imagined but there was a whole other lot of things thrown in there that made this version more annoying than funny.


Naomi is obsessed with Ely. Obsessed. I realise that this happens but the two were supposed to be friends. She knows he’s gay so why was she surprised when he met a guy he liked? The fact that she secretly likes him was a plot aspect that irritated me very much. It’s so clichéd at this point! Why, was this necessary? What was so wrong with them just being close friends? Why do movies insist upon having a guy and a girl being best friends but one of them MUST secretly fancy the other? Why? Why is this practically always the case?

I guess the ending was the best part of it. Not only because it was the end and it was over, but it was sort of sweet the way things worked out. Her little narration is cute. And I think the film student (the boy who is the object of both their attractions’) was my favourite character, only because he seemed the most sensible and down to earth and he loved films. What can I say!?  

I was disappointed by this. I don’t know why I’m surprised to be honest. There are those out there who can go along with this superficial boo-hockey but I am not one of those people. I did not care for this film.


TRAILER: 




Comments