"Happy Anniversary" (2018)





Rating: NR
Genre: Comedy
Directed By: Jared Stern
Written By: Jared Stern
Released: March 30th, 2018 
Studio: Netflix

Summary:
On their three-year anniversary, Molly and Sam are at a crossroads and need to decide whether to move forward or call it quits.

Review:
This film was alright. I had higher expectations I think from reading the blurb on Netflix. It wasn’t the worst film I’ve ever seen. Actually, I was enjoying until the breaking point of their relationship turned out to be about having children. I might be alone in the opinion that there are other things to life!!!


This [snag] aside, what adds something good to this film, or at least something that makes it stand out from the crowd of rom-coms, is that this film picks up where most rom-coms end. Things are not always as rosy in the garden when the leads ride off into the sunset. As these characters so explicitly realise. I guess the life dilemmas the characters discuss and try to figure out are pretty close to realistic conversations. And as plots go it was something somewhat different which is why it nabbed my attention in the first place. The characters are both equally likeable and both sides are shown equally.

I think that this is probably aimed at a different audience to myself. Others out there, perhaps those who are in the situation the characters are in or have gone through would enjoy it more.

I don’t think this would be something I’d watch again but I got into it for the most part while I was watching it. It had its moments. 


TRAILER: 






Comments