"The Spectacular Now" (2013)




Rating: R:15
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Directed By: James Ponsoldt
Written By: Scott Neustadter, Michael H. Weber
Released: August 2nd, 2013 
Runtime: 95 minutes
Studio: A24

Summary:
An innocent, bookish teenager (Shailene Woodley) begins dating the charming, freewheeling high-school senior (Miles Teller) who awoke on her lawn after a night of heavy partying.

Review:
I really like this film. I like the characters and their development. Their relationship is cute. And it’s got a lot in there, more than you’d think at first. There’s something more to it than just another teen-drama.


Miles Teller is a good actor. So is Shailene Woodley. I think of the movies I’ve seen both of these actors in so far this might be my favourite roles they play.

It doesn't feel like a sad movie while you're watching it but I’ve watched it twice now and both times I’ve come away from it feeling sad after watching it. There are sad things in it but the film doesn't make a point of stressing the fact that they are sad or try to make the film sentimental. So all these things kind of sneak up on you I guess by the end. I enjoyed it both times though. 

Very good film coming of age film worth watching. 


TRAILER: 





Comments