"Would You Rather" (2013)





Rating: R:18 
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery & Suspense
Directed By: David Guy Levy
Written By: Steffen Schlachtenhaufen
Released: February 8th, 2013
Runtime: 95 minutes
Studio: IFC Films

Summary:
Iris (Brittany Snow) and seven other desperate people become trapped in Shepard's (Jeffrey Combs) mansion. Shepard forces them to play a sadistic game for a large sum of money -- but the dilemmas become increasingly deadly.

Review:
Well, this is all a very tense affair. Say what you will about this film, but as vulgar and barbaric as the whole thing is, at least it’s original!


I don’t know if I can say I enjoyed this. Most of it was viewed through my fingers. I reckon that’s the sign of a good horror film. Whether that necessarily means it was “enjoyable” under this circumstance is up to you to interpret!

Certainly, from start to finish it kept the tension up and mounting. Some moments were hard to look at. It makes you think a lot about “what would you as an audience honestly do if put in that very situation!?”. Some of the characters’ decisions are quite difficult and some even morally heart-breaking. I think that’s what makes it such a worthy psychological horror.

I can’t say too much more about it because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen. Suffice to say if you’re a horror fanatic this is one to add to your Netflix list!


TRAILER: 




Comments