"Insidious" (2011)





Rating: PG-13
Genre: Horror
Directed By: James Wan
Written By: Leigh Whannell
Released: April 29th, 2011
Runtime: 102 minutes
Studio: FilmDistrict

Summary:
After a series of creepy events in their new house, a husband (Patrick Wilson) and wife (Rose Byrne) seek to prevent evil spirits from trapping their comatose son in a realm called The Further. Directed by James Wan, and written by Leigh Whannell.

Review:
Great movie. I have to admit, while hopeful, I was somewhat sceptical sitting down so I made a point of watching it in the dark. If you do that, you will not be disappointed! So many moments I found myself covering my eyes. There were plenty of decent fright moments. Some of them were perhaps bordering on cheap scares and certainly some of the plot was bordering a little on cliché…But when it was good, it was good!


I liked too that it put emphasis on the male getting involved in the whole haunted scenario. Too often it’s always the female lead taken in by the whole idea of ghosts and the male is just not having it, at all. But this was a refreshing turn of events that he should get wrapped up in the whole thing too.
I think the climactic moment near the end is probably the best part. Not to give too much away: We see all the spirits and standing around the house, not moving, almost like mannequins. Creepy stuff. One of them in particular, their expression frightened the life out of me – it was fun, not going to lie! The dreamlike/surreal atmosphere made it very creepy.

The whole notion revolving around the photos and the old lady towards the end was creepy as hell too. I loved it! I can’t say anymore for those who haven’t seen it. But it was one of my favourite moments so I had to give it a mention. – Something to watch out for!

This is a fun watch for any horror enthusiasts I would think. I definitely enjoyed the viewing. So turn off the lights and check it out for yourself!


TRAILER: 





Comments