"L.A. Confidential" (1997)





Rating: R (for strong violence and language, and for sexuality)
Genre: Drama, Mystery & Suspense
Directed By: Curtis Hanson
Written By: Curtis Hanson, Brian Helgeland
In Theatres: Sep 19, 1997
Runtime: 138 minutes
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures


Summary: 
Three policemen, each very different and each with his own motives, tackle the corruption surrounding an unsolved murder at a downtown Los Angeles coffee shop in the early 1950s. Directed by Curtis Hanson, and starring Russel Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Guy Pearce, Danny DeVito and Kim Bassinger.

Review: 
There are so many big names in this film. And each one plays their part brilliantly. I loved the opening scene. I loved the narration by Danny DeVito, the images of the old movie stars and iconic people to come out of Los Angeles. Russel Crowe looks so young. I barely recognised him. I also really like how each of the three policemen are introduced one by one and then become interconnected.

I think this is a very good movie. I found it a little hard to follow sometimes but I think that was just me. I find with these kind of police-base movies you have to really pay attention to the dialogue; a lot of the story relies on it which is why I don’t normally have the attention span for them… However, if you take each person in the film individually they’re all fantastic. There are some twists and some shocks in the story that are pretty brilliant! The latter half of the movie is awesome.

It took me a while to get into it properly. I was a bit lost for the first half hour while the story was being set up. But I would recommend this film. Even if you only ever watch it once, it’s worth it.



Trailer: 





Comments