"Look Who's Talking" (1989)



This is one of my favourite films. What can I say? I absolutely love it. I can watch it again and again and never get tired. It’s just a sweet story. Starring John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and the voice of Bruce Willis, Look Who’s Talking offers a hilarious innovative look at motherhood and romance from baby Mikey’s point of view.

There are some very funny moments and humorous lines throughout. In many ways it is, I suppose, a unique kind of fairytale. Mollie (Kirstie Alley) sets out to find the best daddy for Mikey, and...Well, it’s fairly predictable, but you still gotta love it !

I think the music is very well chosen and adds loads to each scene. My favourite scene would have to be the “Walking on Sunshine” scene in which James (John Travolta) is babysitting Mikey and they’re dancing around the apartment and having all kinds of fun. You can’t help but smile.

Two sequels were made, “Look Who’s Talking Too” and “Look Who’s Talking Now”, but while I love them too, the first is by far the best.

Yup, this review is short and sweet but all I can say is watch it, because you can’t not smile 


TRAILER:




Comments